Satynmag.com Exclusive Expert Series
Mentoring session with – Mrs. Nayomini R. Weerasooriya.
Founder/Managing Editor Satyn Magazine
Nayomini R Weerasooriya is a successful entrepreneur who has founded and built several businesses in her career spanning over 20 years.
In this Mentoring Series with www.satynmag.com, Nayomini brings her insights and experiences that have shaped her life and enabled her to build successful companies and brands.
As a wife and a mother, she understands the importance of work-life balance and has shared her insights with many others in the corporate world.
“When I set out into the corporate world over 20 years ago things were very different. We didn’t have the benefits of technology and the platforms that we have today. Above all, we didn’t have access to information as we do today. From that to now, there are many instances and many insights for us to learn from. What I have picked up that is worthwhile, I’m sharing with you. “
In this article series, she explains – what is mentoring?
How can you be mentored and how can the process empower you to build your career/business?
She is sharing information that would help you shape your career/business even better.
Starting off, there are very simple things in life that can teach us the most profound lessons.
And these lessons can be as simple as observing things that we take granted every day.
For example, this morning as you woke up, did you spend time making your bed?
Making your bed is a very simple task but what it does is that it helps you to set the tone for the day. As you wake up, you wake up with a mindset that you are ready for the day in a very organized manner.
And about the morning routines – how many of us spend thinking of what we do as we get up? Is it a mad rush to do the things that you do every day?
It is important to think about the morning routine, involving a little bit of time – thinking, empowering ourselves with the thought that today, I will do what I have to do better than yesterday.
Remember that time is a gift. You don’t have the ultimate amount of it. Life is indeed short.
Five things to ponder on –
- Plan your day/ plan it right. Start with simple gestures like making your bed. Remember to make a positive impact on your day.
- Whose life can you change today? Sometimes you don’t even know it. But a tiny word of kindness, encouragement, build up someone’s life. Things in life that we take for granted. But we can turn those things into touchpoints, very positive touchpoints, that we can use to empower, enrich someone else’s life.
- What have you done today to add something to your life? Many of us don’t read books anymore. But discover the power of going back to books. The importance of reading even if it is only for a few minutes. Do something that empowers you. Either at the beginning of the day or at the end of the day.
- What have you done to empower yourself? Remember books are still a better option than mobile phones/ devices. You need to put your phone down at a particular time and discover that you can go back to books and be surprised by the difference that it makes
- Have you set the tone for the next day/next week/? When you finish one day, when you look to another, is it just another boring day that you look forward to? Is there something where we call ‘hope’ that will help you look forward to tomorrow?